We’re Hiring! Contract or Freelance Custom Print Coordinator
Better Earth is a sustainable packaging solutions provider founded to make sustainability accessible.
Commitment: Part-time position starting at 20 hours operating within a four-day workweek, opportunity to eventually become full-time based on performance after 3-6 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: Open to hybrid remote candidates that are comfortable traveling to our Clarkston, GA and Roswell, GA offices on an as-needed basis
Start Date: Jan 2023
Summary: Support the Better Earth Creative and Sales team by creating and managing Better Earth custom print projects and coordinating projects from estimation to completion. This includes obtaining necessary brand assets to produce custom branded packaging, presenting initial design ideas, refinements, and final production art for products and cartons, as well as coordinating all proofs and customer signoffs, ordering and tracking of all orders, print supervision and approvals of press proofs, quality control in collaboration with operations/supply chain staff, and participating in updates of custom print pricing.
This role partners with the broader Better Earth project team to ensure deliverables are completed in an efficient manner on time and on budget. The Custom Print Coordinator establishes and maintains relationships with client contacts as appropriate while building a basic understanding of the Company’s and each client’s industry, business, and products.
This is an entry-level role and a great opportunity to learn and while preferably hybrid – in the office and work from home – we will consider a remote work environment depending on the candidate’s skills and experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares initial requests for custom print client projects
- Creates project timelines and sets expectations with internal teams and customers
- Prioritize, schedule according to time and action deadlines
- Build initial designs for custom print packaging projects based on provided brand assets from customers
- Build, review and confirm production artwork files, accurately reflecting design comments and execution notes from customers, internal stakeholders and production partners
- Prepare and send final production files directly to overseas production partners and organize update calls to review all development
- Print out color correct files for visual review
- Maintain a high level of organization and communication with Sales, Operations and Marketing teams
- Ensure quality execution of finished product
- Scheduling/knowledge of production partners’ workloads and capacity
- Coordinates proof approvals; may attend occasional press checks
- Confers with production partners’ and customers’ graphic designers to ensure file integrity, specs, etc.
- Maintains hard copy samples
- Preserves existing print vendor relationships and explores new partnership opportunities when appropriate
- Prepares end-of-year reports
- Provide excellent customer service to internal teams and clients
- Various other tasks to provide continuity for other team members as needed
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design and/or design production management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
- Understanding of graphic design, pre-press production artwork development, and print production
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to develop detailed production artwork is required
- Knowledge of print production processes and project management
- Familiarity with Hubspot as main platform for CRM and print project coordination
- Understanding of basic spreadsheet, project management, and database programs
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Familiar with logistics and foodservice/CPG packaging manufacturing a plus
- Comfortable with making regular client contact, updating various stakeholders on multiple projects, and making recommendations to all stakeholders
About Better Earth
Our products are designed to meet the most demanding sustainability requirements at the highest quality and best price. But we don’t stop there. Driven by our three core pillars: sustainability, innovation and experience, we work diligently to catalyze environmental initiatives across our supply chain and educate stakeholders about how we can close the loop on our products and bolster the circular economy.
Our mission is to be “purists” that do not waiver from our responsibilities as environmental stewards first. By providing on-the-job training, a fun work environment and opportunities for growth, we invest in the people that make this mission possible.
We love creative thinkers who feel comfortable bringing their whole self, voice and perspective to work each day. To this end, over three-quarters of Better Earth’s corporate team are women or BIPOC (black, indigenous and/or persons of color).
We operate in a fast-paced environment, which means we need team players that are comfortable rolling up their sleeves, speaking up, asking questions, innovating, building process, pivoting when necessary, and love learning.
(PS: We also love goofy jokes, cooking, gardening, the outdoors, work-life balance, and big ideas.)
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Brand & Marketing Manager
Maria leads our Creative team and is passionate about utilizing her technical and artistic talents towards creating a Better Earth. In her free time, she loves to take on branding projects, kickbox, create art, and spend time with nature whether through growing plants, spoiling her cats Hyunah & Koubi, or exploring new places!
Simply Buckhead’s latest cover story “Serving Mother Earth” by Michael Jacobs highlights how 3 local food service partners are closing the loop in the Atlanta community through cooking.With much of the Better Earth team in the South, we know good food is at the heart...
Better Earth is proud to observe the Federal and State Holiday Martin Luther King Jr. Day this Monday, January 17th and every year. What is Martin Luther King Jr. Day? It is a state and federal holiday honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King...
Healthy soil is key to just about all life, and yet, we're losing the equivalent of two football fields of soil every minute, according to a new report from the Center for American Progress. Because of our depleted soils, we now have to eat EIGHT oranges today to...
Soil is the foundation for all life all on earth. It affects the food we eat, the nutrients our natural ecosystems need, the air we breath, and the climate that makes this planet habitable. Pretty powerful, right? While we would love to solely celebrate the power of...
Introducing Oceanic Global’s first of it's kind cross-industry standard that protects our Blue planet. Is your organization or office looking to take the next step in their sustainability journey? Or do you have products or packaging that are plastic-free? Part of the...
Our planet is facing an existential crisis in global climate change and the foodservice industry’s impact is substantial and undeniable. Today, foodservice packaging makes up roughly one third of all municipal solid waste. Roughly one third of all U.S. food is...
Are you in the hospitality, sports, events, or music industry? Or is your organization or office wanting to go plastic free? Or are you wanting to learn how to showcase your organization's investment in sustainable packaging? Then this is the webinar for you! Join us...
As your Partner Advocate, and Better Earth’s resident soil enthusiast, I’ve got great news! A commercial composting facility could be coming your way soon thanks to the COMPOST Act. In this blog, I’ll elaborate further on: what the COMPOST Act is, what it could...
Recent news, films like Mark Ruffalo’s Dark Waters and growing legislation has led to increasing awareness and concern about per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), a general class of more than 5,000 chemicals. We're learning that PFAS are in just about...
As we head into #plasticfreejuly, we had the honor in joining a panel of leaders & innovators making the switch of going plastic free in their businesses. Click here to watch the webinar hosted by Oceana in Georgia and Environment Georgia focused on solutions and...
Happy International Compost Awareness Week! Sometimes knowing what to compost can be tricky. That's why we created a collection of images to help you remember! See below for our recommendations on what you can compost in a commercial composting facility versus your...
From the entire Better Earth team, we wish you a happy, happy Earth Day. It may come as no surprise that it’s a major holiday for us every year. To us, it’s so much more than simply saying thanks to this beautiful planet we call home. Rather, it’s a milestone for us...
At Better Earth, Earth Day is our favorite day of the year. It's a day to celebrate our beautiful earth and put sustainability goals into action. But what about the other 364 days of the year? As part of our Earth Day 2021 celebrations, we decided to ask some of our...
Women's History Month comes around every March. This year, we wanted to highlight our amazing and diverse team of women here at Better Earth. We wouldn't be the Better Earth we are today without these awesome ladies, and we're incredibly grateful to have them on our...
Earth hour is a movement where everyone is encouraged to turn off their lights for just one hour (from 8:30-9:30 local time) to help address climate change. But what about the rest of the year? One of the easiest things to do to help out our earth is to simply turn...